TRAVEL TIPS TO LOMBOK ISLAND
1. Smile and great people, especially elders.
2. Shake hands, gently.
3. Be sure to sit at the same level as other people.
4. Be polite to each other.
5. Use only the right hand to eat and hand objects or money
6. Accept hospitality and food, you don't have to eat and
drink, but it's polite to accept.
7. Dress modestly. Women should keep upper arm and things
8. Bend down and walk around seated people when you need to
9. Say good bye and than you when you leave.
- Find out if you will need a passport to enter the country.
Make sure your passport is up to date and valid. Some
countries will not let you in if your passport will expire
within six months of your return home, extend it, if you are
close to expiration.
- Find out if you will need any visas to enter the country.
- Find out what types of vaccinations you will need to enter
the country, there may also be medications youíll need to
take before, during and even after your trip.
- Check the financial section of your newspaper, they
usually post exchange rates and checking in advance can give
you an idea of how much youíll need to budget
- Do some research with U.S. Customs to find out what you
can take with you and what you may bring back.
- Build some basic language skills in the local language.
- Protect yourself from the intense equatorial sun. Use sun
block and hat.
- Sexually transmitted diseases are increasing in Indonesia.
Local sex workers have multiple partners from all over the
world. Act responsibly and use condoms, available over the
counter at pharmacies.
- Due to the limited number of flights to Lombok, during the
peak season we highly recommend you to make flight booking
far in advanced. Donít forget to ask your local tour
operator to re-confirm your ticket minimum 24 hours in
advanced to ensure yourself to get seats.
HaVe a GrEat HoLiDaY !